3M Scotchgard Rug & Carpet Protector (14oz/396g)
•The triple-action approach repels spills, resists soiling, and blocks stains by forcing liquids up to the surface where
they bead up for easy cleanup.
• Strong carpet protection repels spills for easier cleanup
• Ideal for high-traffic areas, runners, bathmats, auto mats and more
• Doesn't change the look and feel of your carpet
• Limits reappearing spots
• Apply to new or clean carpets, wet or dry
• Simple, one-step application
• One can covers approximately a 5 ft. x 6 ft. area
• Reapply Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector every time your carpet is steam cleaned or every six months
Product Applications (Use on Things Like): For everywhere your floor is covered: Carpet, Area rugs and Entryways
Direction to use:
1. Prepare: Protect surrounding non-fabric materials from over-spray. If over-spray occurs, quickly wipe up.
2. Shake: Shake can well.
3. Test: Test for colorfastness. Spray hidden area until wet and wipe vigorously with a white absorbent cloth. If color
rubs off, DO NOT USE.
4. Spray: Hold upside-down 2 feet above carpet. Spray foam evenly on rug or carpet with a sweeping motion.
5. Keep clear: Keep traffic, children, and pets off rug or carpet while drying.
6. Dry: Let dry, typically 2 – 6 hours. For extra protection in high traffic or problem areas, apply a second time. If
stiffening or white powder remains after drying (due to over-application), simply remove by vacuuming.
7. Reapply: Reapply after six months of traffic or after cleanings to maintain and revitalize protection. Durability of
protection varies with wear.
• Frequently asked questions
1. What can I apply Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector to?
- Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector can be used to protect carpeting in high traffic areas, stair carpeting or rugs,
auto mats and flooring, and other rugs and carpets.
2. How long does Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector take to dry?
- Drying time varies based on temperature and humidity but should take about 2 – 6 hours. After 6 hours, vacuum up
any white residue left behind. If you apply Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector while your carpet is still wet, it will
take longer to dry, and its drying time will depend on how wet the carpet was when it was applied.
3. What kind of carpet can Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector be used on?
- In general, Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector can be used on polyester, polyolefin, polypropylene, acrylic, nylon, and
colored wool carpets and rugs. It is not recommended for Oriental rugs or white wool.
4. Can I use Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector on fabric or upholstery?
- Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector shouldn’t be used on fabric – instead, use Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery
Protector, which is designed specifically to protect fabric and upholstery.
5. How often should Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector be reapplied?
- Reapply Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector every time you have your carpet professionally cleaned, or every six
months, whichever comes first. In high traffic areas, you may need to reapply Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector